“Recipe: A series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don’t own, to make a dish the dog wouldn’t eat.” – Unknown
Even the best cooks have had a few kitchen disasters. And if you’re like me and have an enthusiasm level that’s a lot higher than your actual skill level, then you’re probably all too familiar with those mishaps. While I can’t share any genius tips to help you become a master of the kitchen, I CAN share some of my favorite gadgets and gear that I rely on to ensure I’ve got at least a fighting chance of recreating all of those amazing holiday ideas and recipes that I find on Pinterest. So, check out my top 6 gadgets that every mom needs this year in the kitchen:
1. Belkin Chef Tablet Stand & Stylus: This is an absolute must-have for any tech-savvy momma! Not only does the handy stand keep your tablet easy to read while following your favorite online recipes, but it includes a hand-held stylus tool, keeping your tablet clean from your messy four-covered hands. So cool.
2. KitchenAid Stand Mixer: This is like the king of all kitchen gadgets – it can do just about anything you need, from mixing up simple sugar cookies to making homemade pasta noodles. It’s got a classic look that fits perfectly into any kitchen, and is available in a ton of colors. It will change your life once you get it into your kitchen, and would be a dream gift for anyone on your list this season!
3. Magic Bullet: I don’t like having a ton of gadgets cluttering up my kitchen cabinets, so anything that I do add must be able to multi-task as hard as I do. The Magic Bullet fits the bill – It’s perfect for making kid-friendly smoothies or party-worthy margaritas. It can chop, blend, whip, grind and mix almost anything in about 10 seconds flat. Grind your own coffee beans, use it to quickly dice up veggies or nuts, or whip together some homemade whipping cream, all easy peasy as can be.
4. OXO Good Grips Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet: This is SUCH a helpful little addition to any busy cook’s kitchen! It’s a really high quality silicone oven mitt, available in a ton of different colors. But what sets it apart are the magnets – You can slap it right onto the fridge or stove for easy access when you need to quickly grab the cookies from the oven that you forgot about while you stopped your toddler from drawing on the living room walls again. Love it!
5. Flirty Aprons: If you haven’t purchased one of these yet – Oh man momma, you are missing out! I absolutely love Flirty Aprons – the quality is amazing, so they hold up perfectly even after a ton of times through the wash. They have a really nice shape, and are pretty enough to wear in the kitchen even once company arrives. And – they just make me feel more like a Domestic Goddess when I’m wearing one!
6. Gingerbread Bundt Pan: Nothing says Christmas time to me like gingerbread: candles, ornaments and decor, baking gingerbread men with the kids, I love it all. But the absolute best – and a highlight of our annual Christmas party – is the gingerbread house! Putting one together by hand can sometimes be tricky. Using a Bundt pan like this one is a great alternative that everyone will love decorating and showing off!
So, now that you’re armed with some awesome tools and gear – I hope you’re as excited as I am for holiday cooking and baking! Whether you’re just whipping up some simple desserts to share with the friends, are planning some great homemade gifts to save money this year, or want to surprise the foodie in your life with the perfect present, definitely put these picks on your list. Happy holidays!
Post contributed by Meagan Paullin of Sunshine and Sippy Cups.