What is Thanksgiving without the dessert? (Awful, that’s what.)
And, while a sweet ending is a must when it comes to your harvest feast, playing it safe doesn’t have to be!
Pumpkin, pecan and apple varieties will always hold a special place in our pie-loving hearts, but these 8 non-traditional pies are guaranteed to add a welcome surprise to your Thanksgiving dessert.
Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie - Graham cracker crust, coated with a rich layer of bittersweet chocolate is the perfect bed for chocolate pumpkin filling. Get recipe
English Toffee Pecan Pie - Why not have a candy bar with your pie? Toffee bits and almond extract add depth to home-style pecan pie. Plus, it pairs perfectly with coffee. Get recipe
Caramel Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Streusel - Don’t sacrifice pumpkin or pecan! Caramel adds a distinct silkiness and the crumbly pecan topping packs the perfect crunch. Get recipe
Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie - Tyler Florence does not disappoint with pie inspired by a beloved carnival favorite. Vanilla bean and red wine take apple pie to an entirely new level. Get recipe
Eggnog Pumpkin Pie - Don’t resist the eggnog already appearing in your grocer’s dairy aisle. This easy recipe blends the best of pumpkin pie with a popular holiday cocktail. Get recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie - Cast all traditions aside and serve up this treat that adults and kids alike will love. Just be sure to have a glass of cold milk ready! Get recipe
Pear Cranberry Pie - Cranberries don’t just belong on the side of your turkey dinner – put them in a pie! It’s even better ala mode. Get recipe
Pecan Chocolate Chip Pie - Kick your pecan pie up a notch with Emeril’s chocolate chip twist. Use bittersweet chocolate to cut the sweetness of sugary pecan pie filling. Bam! Get recipe
Deals on Must-Haves for Pie
- 9-inch Haeger NaturalStone Deep Pie Dish now $19.95.
Save $5, and get free shipping!
- Can’t decide on a flavor? With a “Split Decision” pie pan, you don’t have to! Get it from Macy’s and save $10 on any $75 purchase.
- Serve in style with a silver-plated pie server from Pottery Barn, on sale now for $39.99 (originally $59).
- Achieve the perfect, flaky pie crust with a KitchenAid mixer. Save an extra 10% on refurbished models.
- Covered pie stand, now only $39.96 at Sur La Table. Search “covered pie stand” to get free shipping.
- Use this fall leaf cookie-cutter from Williams-Sonoma to create crust embellishments atop of your pie. Just $7 now with coupon!
Final advice: if you run short on time to bake, order a Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake or Apple Pie kit. With 10% off a $50 order at Harry & David’s, you’ll have plenty of time to spend with your family!